Chivalry 2 is coming to Consoles to make the battlefield even bigger
Great news announced as Developer Torn Banner Studios, publisher Tripwire Presents, and retail co-publishing partner Deep Silver have just dished out the news that their massively popular medieval game Chivalry 2 is coming to consoles as well as coming to next-gen PS5 and Xbox Series X when they are released.
Even better news is that along with the introduction to consoles all platforms will be able to face off together on the same battlefield, as Chivalry 2 will feature full Cross-Play capability between all consoles and PC.
“The epic medieval battles in Chivalry 2 deserve an equally massive player-base,” said Torn Banner Studios’ President Steve Piggott. “We can’t wait for gamers across the world on all five platforms to clash steel and experience the greatest melee combat system ever, together.”
Additional Chivalry 2 Key Features Include:
- Cross-Play Across All Platforms: Mass-scale battles call for epic battlefields. The inclusion of Cross-Play across all versions smashes the boundaries between PC and console gamers, and allows players to face off on the battlefield together, regardless of platform.
- Stunning Cinematic Presentation: Massive improvement in visual quality, with an atmosphere that thrusts players into their favourite moments from epic medieval Hollywood action films. Brought to you on the latest and best game engine, Unreal Engine 4.
- Epic Medieval Environments: Sprawling medieval environments ranging from tournament grounds to epic full-scale castle sieges.
- Massive Scale: Experience the chaos of epic medieval battlefields and battle through mass-scale combat meant to capture the intensity and scope of “The Battle of the Bastards” from Game of Thrones.
- Choose your Fighting Style: Your arsenal expands with the new subclass system that provides more variety than ever before. Four base classes expand to various subclasses, an arsenal of unique weapons each with multiple visual variants, and new support items ranging from oil pots to barricades, supply crates and archer’s stakes.
- Unleash Hell: Own the field with a variety of heavy siege engines including Ballistae, Catapults, Trebuchet, Battering Rams, Mantlets, Spike Traps, Ladders and more.
- Build your hero: Become a hero and look the part. A detailed customization system adds huge variety: head type, skin tone, head & facial hair + colours, facial imperfections, face paint, nicknames, heraldry, helmets, armour, weapons, and more for millions of possible combinations.
- Refuse to Die: Keep fighting after losing a limb, being knocked down, disarmed, set on fire, filled with arrows, your shield broken, smothered in blood and still throwing punches from your knees. Bandages, revives and the new downed state allow you to support teammates and stay in the action until you’ve bled your last drop.
If you need any more information on Chivalry 2 then head on over to their official website.
For more on Chivalry 2, check out our previous coverage.