ESO’s The Dark Heart of Skyrim Continues with Stonethorn New dungeons and more on PC, Stadia, and Mac!
Continuing The Elder Scrolls Online’s Dark Heart of Skyrim year-long adventure, the two-dungeon Stonethorn DLC and Update 27 is live now for PC, Stadia and Mac. With Xbox One and PlayStation 4 joining the fun September 1st. Update 27 brings with it a series of game improvements, bug fixes, and balancing changes.
Stonethorn adds two new dungeons, Castle Thorn and Stone Garden along with new questlines, additional achievements, item sets, and collectibles for players to earn and experience.
The new dungeons are part of the larger year-long adventure but new and existing players can jump in and enjoy them without having to complete any of the previous adventures in the Dark Heart of Skyrim storyline or Elder Scrolls as a whole; which is probably a good thing considering this game has enough content to keep the hardcore player entertained for years, let alone the average gamer…
- Update 27 (Paid content/ESO Subscribers)
- Castle Thorn – A Vampire army rises from the fortified halls of Castle Thorn, led by the keep’s master, the powerful Lady Thorn. Before this dread host can march on the people of Western Skyrim, players must assault the fortress, fight their way through this monstrous legion, and put a stop to their invasion. Here’s a preview of Castle Thorn.
- Stone Garden – The mad Alchemist Arkasis has been busy concocting terrible creatures in his secret laboratory. The dark creations of the Stone Garden, found deep within the caverns of Blackreach, are like nothing players have ever faced before. Confront the evil genius and his horrifying experiments, to prevent new monsters from rising from the depths. Here’s a preview of Stone Garden.
- Update 27 (free to all players)
- Character pathing for the housing system (more info here)
- Improvements to game performance
- Various fixes and balance changes