Fallout 76: Steel Dawn
Bethesda this week has launched the sixth major update to hit Fallout 76 since launch. Steel Dawn welcomes the Brotherhood of Steel to Appalachia. Steel Dawn is the first chapter of the Brotherhood of Steel questline and expands on the new life brought to Appalachia from April’s Wastelanders update.
The release was scheduled for December 1 but Bethesda Game Studios posted a surprise tweet yesterday afternoon “Looks like The Brotherhood of Steel arrived ahead of schedule!” later explained in a Bethesda blog post “there was an error that caused players in our Xbox community to download the Steel Dawn Update ahead of schedule, but prevented them from actually playing. We immediately investigated ways to get our Xbox players back in-game as soon as possible, but, through our discussions, the entire BGS team felt confident that Steel Dawn is ready to go.”
Watch Paladin Leila Rahmani and her troops arrived in Appalachian below.
The Steel Dawn update includes:
- New Questline – Determine how you will aid The Brotherhood of Steel NPCs in the first chapter of their new all-new story, available now.
- New Locations and Gear – Unlock unique weapons and armor from Steel Dawn and explore new locations newly populated with members of The Brotherhood and other factions.
- Season 3 Scoreboard – Join Time Operative K.D. Inkwell in her quest for the Guild of Antiquities and rank up to unlock new rewards including C.A.M.P. Allies, Lunchboxes, and more. Beginning December 15.
- C.A.M.P. Shelters – Build and decorate in new underground, instanced spaces separate from your main C.A.M.P. Complete a new quest and get your first Shelter free starting now.
- Lite Allies – Recruit two new allies as you rank up during Season 3, who offer bonuses exclusively from your C.A.M.P.
In addition discover the Brotherhood of Steel background before the Great War, in the documentary-style lore video below.
Fallout 76: Steel Dawn is available now on PC, Xbox One, PlayStation 4 (backwards compatible with Xbox Series X|S, PlayStation 5.
For on Fallout 76, check out our previous coverage.