Need for Speed Heat is getting crossplay
The final update for Need for Speed Heat is almost upon us with Criterion Games announcing that the update is bringing a slew of bugs and fixes but one major feature is being added and welcome to the game, crossplay!
The beautiful thing about crossplay is that it will let you race with players on PC, Xbox One and PS4 on the same server and you can invite friends playing on other platforms to come burn up the streets with you too.
A small list of the update can be found below or for a full list of all the notes you can find that here.
- Improved cop car logic to reduce occurrences where cop cars significantly reduced player car health in one hit.
- Some cops would behave very passive while in a pursuit and not perform maneuvers to stop your car. They should now be more motivated to take you down as long as they’re actively pursuing you. This is no overall buff or nerf of the cops, it just affected a small percentage of cop cars that were pursuing, but not engaging.
- We fixed an issue where some rewards didn’t trigger correctly when hitting 100% of collectables. You should now receive the vanity items Rainbow Nitrous, Black Tire Smoke and the “If you’re happy and you know it” horn.
- Made a few tweaks so you should encounter error DR1005 less often.
- Similarly, the probability of inventory synchronization errors has been significantly reduced.
- When rushing through the tunnel in Mendoza Keys, you should no longer encounter solid walls popping in.
- Fixed an issue that could cause vegetation to appear on roads when choosing low and medium graphic settings and using a specific video card.
- The ‘Racer Challenges’ in the garage should no longer be displayed after reaching Rep level 50.
- The ‘Rival Crews’ menu is no longer visible in the main menu when you boot the game while offline.
- Fixed an issue where a time trial wouldn’t show any ghost car when you started it.
- After driving to a time trial starting point, looking at the leaderboard panel should no longer be blank.
- A specific beanie was only visible from close range, now it can also be seen from afar.