Overwatch players, modders, and developers can now create custom games with a brand new feature, Workshop!
Within Workshop, players can create scripts, rules and unique play Conditions.
Rules can do many things, like change how a hero’s movement and abilities work, modify how players are damaged or healed, or even display text under certain circumstances.
- Create your own scripts for customised game modes in Overwatch
- Share/link out to your own game mode without navigating through menus in game
- Debug issues with scripts using the Workshop Inspector
- Workshop will be available on both console and PC
The Overwatch team has created two new game modes created through Workshop. As idea of what’s possible:
- Molten Floor: Stay off the floor, it’s deadly lava.
- Mirrored Deathmatch (FFA): Players wage deathmatch as the same mirrored hero, rotating heroes every minute, the player with the most kills wins.
Workshop is now available on the Public Test Realm (PTR) on PC. For more info on Workshop, you can visit this link!