Recently Razer Fintech revealed that they are collaborating with Visa on the all-new Razer Card. The pre-paid card will be available with no subscription cost but will offer options to upgrade to a standard or premium physical card. All card users will gain access to year-long cashback features with no limits, along with an exciting gamified reward system within the Razer Card app. Users can also make payments at over 61 million merchant locations where Visa is already accepted.
“Right from the start, we have been very excited about our collaboration with Visa to transform the digital payments experience globally. Over the last year, since our initial announcement, a lot of time and effort has gone into developing and perfecting this product, that is truly going to value-add significantly to the lifestyle of our users. With this Razer Card, we have co-developed a unique prepaid solution that further cements our position as the largest offline-to-online digital payment network in the region. This collaboration opens up many opportunities for us to reach out and meet the needs of consumers, particularly the youth and millennials,”Said Lee Li Meng, Chief Executive Officer, Razer Fintech.
“We’re excited to launch the Razer Card, the first Razer Visa prepaid product, to expand digital payments access to youth and millennials. Razer cardholders will enjoy a number of benefits including unlimited cashback for online and face-to-face purchases. The Razer Card will also feature contactless payment technology, allowing cardholders to tap to pay for their day-to-day activities such as taking public transportation on buses and trains, buying movie tickets at the cinemas and purchasing a meal at quick-service restaurants,”Said Kunal Chatterjee, Visa Country Manager for Singapore & Brunei.
INDUSTRY BEST PRODUCT FEATURES
Functiioning since 2018, Razer Fintech has now grown and become one of the largest offline-to-online digital payment networks in Southeast Asia. Razer Pay, is a B2C e-wallet solution that has already seen tremendous success and is now one of the leading e-wallet platforms in the Asia.
With the companion Razer Pay app, users of the Razer Card can:
- Make digital payments at over 61 million merchant locations worldwide where Visa is accepted, including online, in-store, contactless and chip transactions.
- Receive cashback for all payment purchases with:
- 1 per cent for purchases made across categories
- Up to 5 per cent on RazerStore and Gold purchases
- No minimum spend and no capped limit for cashback (only prepaid card in Singapore with no capped limit for cashback)
- Access a unique gamified rewards system through the Razer Pay app, where unlike traditional cards’ loyalty programmes, users go through a personalised experience to track, score and redeem rewards based on tasks and everyday transactions.
- Opt-in to get their hands on a free virtual card via Razer Pay and easily activate and access card information and controls in-app.
- Upgrade to own one of the numberless-designed physical cards, including the Premium card—the world’s first card that lights up on payment.
FIRST-HAND EXPERIENCE FOR RAZER PAY USERS THROUGH BETA-TESTING
Before offically launching, Razer is looking to test the Razer Card by giving access to 1,337 exclusive users from now until December 31. Beta users will enjoy 10% increased cashback on RazerStore and Razer Gold purchases and a bunch of other rewards. Up for grabs as rewards are a ton of Razer gear and over $2000 dollars worth of other prizes.
Following the beta test the Razer Card will be made available in all other countries where Visa pay is accepted.
For more information on the Razer Card and Beta and to sign up click here!
For more on Razer, check out our previous coverage.