Back when I was rocking a Celeron 800 some twenty years ago, classic Rune survived its place on my desktop after numinous formats and overclock’s. The Viking hack-and-slash was an epic game one I can’t wait to relive now Rune II is released. Human Head Studios making the sequel available in the Epic Games Store.
“Our dedicated fanbase has kept Rune alive and we are indebted to them as they are essential partners who have helped us build Rune II. Thank you for those who have stuck with us during this journey of more than 20 years,” said Human Head Studios co-founder and RUNE II project lead Chris Rhinehart. “We set out to build upon the Rune franchise as an homage to the original while adding new elements like modern combat mechanics and Unreal 4’s visual capabilities that we hope will exceed the expectations of today’s gamers.”
RUNE II Key Features:
- Choose Your God: Kneeling atop the Divine Summit, the gods call to you. With promises of power, glory, and honor, each deity beckons you to join them. Which god will you choose to give you the power needed to take down Loki and put an end to Ragnarok? And can they themselves be trusted?
- Loki and the Ages of Darkness: It is fated that Loki will die when Ragnarok ends, but he has found a way to manipulate the flow of time and continuously resets the Ragnarok Timer, creating an infinite cycle of chaos. With every reset, a new era begins, each filled with different obstacles: perpetual night, giant-filled lands, harsh ice-ridden landscapes, and more. You’ll need to traverse many ages before amassing the power needed to defeat Loki.
- Single-Player and Multi-Player Modes: Brave the end of days alone or invite fellow warriors to join your journey through Ragnarok. Battle side-by-side against massive giants and vicious monsters and stand as one force to face Loki himself.
- Artifacts: Powerful artifacts can be found throughout the world, each with their own god-given power. They are the key to opening the Realm Gate where Loki hides, and can grant the power necessary to end him once and for all.
- Collect and Craft Powerful Equipment: Craft powerful armaments to survive the treachery of Ragnarok or take Flaming Greatswords and other magically-imbued weapons from the bodies of your slain enemies. Rebuild villages that once stood across Midgard or construct great longships and conquer far off lands.
- Brutal Chaos: Ragnarok has driven its inhabitants mad. Only the most savage warrior will survive as you Battle against Bandits, Cannibals, Giants, Dwarves, Surt Warriors, the Forsaken Einn Warriors, Draugr and more!
RUNE II is now available over at the Epic Games Store. See you in Valhalla!