The Last Autumn is the highly anticipated expansion for one of my favourite survival sims, Frostpunk. The Last Autumn takes players back to a time before the main story, a time where you discover the events that lead to the harsh, icey world that we all familiarise with Frostpunk.
The Last Autumn builds on the base game by adding new challenges, Books of Laws, and technology that is simply impossible in the harsh elements of frost. In The Last Autumn your ultimate goal is not only to survive, but to build the iconic Generator before the harsh winter hits and it’s too late. Some would say, Winter is Coming…
Frostpunk: The Last Autumn new features:
- A prequel story set in a new environment not yet covered by snow that allows players to construct the Generator from the ground up to prepare their society for the upcoming winter.
- A new Endless Mode variant — Builders — that redefines the challenges players will face by providing different setups and solutions.
- Two new Books of Laws allowing players to shape their society in previously unknown ways.
- New threats and issues to deal with such as toxic gases and workers going on strike.
- Influence society in creative new ways from establishing labour unions to outright manipulation.
- New technology tree, inventions to discover, and resources to obtain.
- 25 new buildings to construct such as docks, a telegraph station, a labour union building and more.
- New social classes including Convicts — a cheap and obedient workforce.
- Discover even more new mechanics and tweaks to gameplay.
The Last Autumn obviously requires the base game to play and is out now on Steam for $16.99 USD. If you’re quick, Frostpunk is actually on sale now (60% off) on Steam, while the Game of the Year edition is 50% off.