VALORANT Snowball Fight Deathmatch Is Coming!
VALORANT is swapping bullets and abilities for a snowball launcher next week with their all-new holiday event Snowball Fight. This limited-time mode will run from December 15 until December 29 so be quick to jump in and test your Winter skills.
The limited-time Snowball Fight Team Deathmatch mode is a five-vs-five event with unlimited respawns and unique power-ups which were detailed more in today’s Patch 1.14 notes. Check out the basic run down below.
- 5v5: Team Deathmatch
- The first team to 50 kills wins
- Respawns are enabled, so get back in there
- The snowball launcher is your weapon of choice
- Killjoy has rigged a custom version of Brimstone’s molotov launcher
- Projectile based snowballs have travel time and an arc (make sure to lead that shot!)
- Infinite snowballs—don’t stop shooting!
- The gift that keeps on giving: Power ups!
- Gifts spawn around the map, sometimes a portal appears and gifts come pouring out
- Each gift contains a power up when opened (shoot to open)
- You can only have one of each power up at a time, so make sure to share with your teammates
- If you die, you drop your power ups and someone else can snag them
- Gift types
- Rapid Fire: fire even faster
- Growball: grows over time while traveling in the air
- Ricochet: for all those snowball trick shots off the ground and walls
- Skates: skate around quickly and in style. Jump higher!
- Week 1: Check out the festivities on the newly updated holiday version of Icebox (Snowball Fight only!)
- Week 2: Snowball Fight can be played on all current maps
- Get 750 XP for each game completed, and 150 bonus XP for a win
- Snowball mode does not progress missions
For more on VALORANT, check out our previous coverage.