Ahead of its August 20 release, 11 bit studios have released a new gameplay video showcasing all the new features you can expect from third and final Frostpunk expansion, On The Edge.
Frostpunk’s lead game designer, Jakub Stokalski, explains the number of features that revolve around trust and loyalty. On The Edge concludes the epic saga by taking place after the events of The Great Frost, showcasing the devastation caused to New London. On The Edge slightly differs from the foundation of Frostpunk by removing the generator. Instead, you are assigned as the leader of an outpost for New London and are no longer your own town — Meaning you now abide by the laws and responsibilities assigned from your government in New London. How will you react to no longer being in total control? How do you keep your people warm without a generator? You will find out come August 20.
- Choose your truce – Can you trust other communities? Should you respect their ways of survival or bend them to your will?
- Establish an economical union with other outposts using the Transport Depot.
- Help develop other Settlements by fulfilling their requests.
- Construct safe routes on the Frostland and exchange surplus resources for those you lack.
- Discover 16 brand new areas of the Frostland and revisit some of the old sites – learning their fate after the Great Storm.
- Communicate with other communities thanks to brand new UI in the Administration building.
- Try to survive without control over the Book of Laws.
- Enable new mechanics available in the Endless Mode.
For more on Frostpunk, check out our previous coverage.